Tuesday, October 13, 2015

What We're Reading Now: The Sunday Supplement


New York Times Book Review-every Sunday in the New York Times [PER New York] 
How do I love thee? Let me count the ways…
I love thee for the depth and breadth of the book reviews.

I love thee for “By the book” in which authors expand on what they’re currently reading, what they read before bed, what books make them laugh, what books inspire them, which books get launched across the room, what books they deem guilty pleasures.  Questions vary based on the author

I love thee for “Crime” by Marilyn Stasio. She ably covers the plot, the mechanics of the crime and the protagonists.  She’s led me to books I’d never find on my own.   

I love thee for the “Shortlist”, which reviews a few books with the same subject matter every week. Subject changes weekly.

I love thee for “Bookends”, in which two different writers give their responses to a specific question dealing with writing.  It’s introduced me to authors I’d never considered before.   


I love thee because you make me want to read and read some more and never stop. Such joy in a newspaper!

No comments: